NNEPRA's Annual Meeting Reports 'Modest Growth' for FY2014
- Written by TRN Webmaster TRN Webmaster
- Published: 31 October 2014 31 October 2014
Executive Director Patricia Quinn and her staff reported details of FY2014 to a packed meeting room of interested parties. Here are selected items from the Annual Report:
- 4% increase in Ridership - 536,524 total
- 6.2% increase in Revenue - $8.6 total
- 58% On Time Performance
On Time Performance
MBTA work on the Shawsheen River Bridges required weekend track outages and forced 12 Downeaster trains to be cancelled. The severe winter created severe track conditions in the spring, resulting in the cancellation of 24 additional trains and the estimated loss of 4,000 riders and $64,000 in revenue.
Passengers chose to ride the Downeaster for a variety of reasons:
- 45% - Leisure
- 28% - Visit friends and family
- 17% - Business
- 2% - Medical
- 2% - College
- 6% - Other
- 57% - Traveled to or from Maine (66% of revenue)
- 30% - Traveled between NH and Boston (25% of revenue)
- 25% - Traveled on passes (16% of revenue)
Throughout the year of challenges, passsengers continually ranked the Downeaster the highest among Amtrak trains for customer service with an overall satisfaction rating of 93%.
NNEPRA projects a 3% drop in ridership due mainly to tie replacement & bridge projects.