Just in Time for Christmas shopping...You can now donate to TrainRiders/NE by enrolling in the SMILE program at Amazon. For every eligible purchase you make, we'll receive .5% of your purchase price. Go here for more information and after signing up, search for "trainriders northeast" and select it as your preferred non-profit. It costs you nothing but will benefit New England's premier passenger rail advocacy organization. We thank you for your support.
Downeaster Ridership Continues Its Upward Climb!
NNEPRA Board Meeting - Downeaster Performance Report
- Actual August, 2011 - 50,825
- Actual August, 2010 - 48,841
- FY2012 Year to date - 101,904
- FY2011 Year to date - 96,014
August 2011 City Pair Ridership
- Portland-Boston 16,459 or 32% of total
- Exeter- Boston 7,016 or 14% of total
- Durham-Boston 2,457 or 5% of total
- Wells-Boston 5,583 or 11% of total
- Saco-Boston 3,576 or 7% of total
- Dover-Boston 3,859 or 8% of total
- Haverhill-Boston 1,975 or 4% of total
- Boston-OOBeach 2,607 or 5% of total
On Time Performance overall = 43.40% The tragic North Berwick accident reduced speed to 10 mph for several miles for several weeks.
- Nearly all the CWR has been installed
- Welding is underway - 128 welds out of 300 or so have been done to date will continue as weather permits
- 31,300 ties are being replaced - began Sept 20th - will finish this year - 8000 installed to date - (12 to 15 hundred per day is possible)
- Lowlevel portion of Freeport platforms concrete poured, High Level pilings installed. 36 crossings between Portland and Brunswick - 23 completed
- 23 culvert replacements underway - 9 done to date and 2 of 3 original stone arch supports are being restored. Will work as weather permits and finish next spring
- AND Startup of service to Freeport and Brunswick projected for November 2012